Re: LLS: Install cfdisk and 12GB disk

I answered my own question eventually.  I used Micrsoft's fdisk function to make all the partitions (physical, extended and logical).  It will only create DOS and WIN partitions.  Maybe I disn't need to do this but I thought it might be safer.

Then I loaded the Debian CD.  Here's the trick.  DO NOT USE "Partition a Hard Drive" function.  It uses cfdisk and won't work.  Instead, "Execute a Shell" and use "fdisk" to partition the drive.  Since I had used DOS to built all the partitions, I merely used fdisk to change the partition types.

Simple, after many hours effort, to develop the necessary hindsight.