Re: trouble with LILO

Brian Morgan wrote:

> I just got done installing Debian 2.1 on a 486 33mhz machine.  When
> rebooting after the install, it hangs on LILO, with the "LI" appearing on
> the screen.  doesn't ever go anywhere after that.

This is caused (AFAIK) by changing something that lilo depends on (eg
recompiling your kernel) but not rerunning lilo after making those
changes. Boot from the floppy, run /sbin/lilo, and you should be fine.

Mark E Drummond                  Royal Military College of Canada
drummond-m@rmc.ca                              Computing Services
Linux Uber Alles                                      perl || die