Re: Referencing Tables in Latex?

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Andrew Holmes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but with the recent converstaion about
> latex I was wondering if someone could help me? I'm writing a document in
> latex and I can use \ref and \label to identify figures fine. So if I put
> \ref{something}, it will print the number of the figure called using
> \label{something}
>
> However when I try to do the same thing with a reference to a table, it
> prints the section the table is in, instead of the number of the table. I can
> show the number of tables with \arabic{table}, but when I put \ref{a_table},
> it prints the section number of the table instead of the table's number. Eg
> 2.3.4 instead of 3.

It's hard to know what the problem is unless you show us some code or the
log file. Is the label inside the table environment? Check to see if the
label definition is unique, ie. you didn't use it for the section label
also.

John
John Maheu                phone  (780) 492-2049
University of Alberta     fax    (780) 492-3300
Dept. of Economics        email  john.maheu@ualberta.ca
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada, T6G 2H4