Re: Help! More problems compiling kernel

*- On 19 Apr, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote about "Help! More problems compiling kernel"
> I'm having problems with compiling a new kernel 2.0.35 on a Debian 2.0 (2.0.34)
> machine.  I've tried downloading the kernel a couple of times, but after
> `make config', `make dep', and `make clean', when I do `make bzImage',
> eventually I get the following error:

The order is

make clean
make [menu|x|]config
make dep
make bzImage

by doing a make clean after make dep you are clean out all that you
just did.

Suggestion, install the kernel-package package.  Read the man page for
make-kpkg then go to your kernel source directory and do

make-kpkg clean
make [menu|x|]config
make-kpkg --revision=<custom.1> --bzImage kernel_image
                     ^^^^^^^^^^
                      replace with
                      your own label

After it is done you will have a kernel-image-2.2.5_custom.1_i386.deb
in the parent directory of your kernel source.  Just install the new
custom kernel package, it will install all modules and it will ask about
lilo and a boot disk.

--
Brian
							   - unknown