Re: Debian vs. RedHat

In linux.debian.user, Michael Schuerig wrote:

>I don't think it qualifies you as dumb, but is not a good idea to
>install each and every package you might need the first time around. Get
>a basic system running and then selectively install packages you want.

You don't see that as a terrible indictment of dselect?  What kind of
installation system makes you select your options in *increments*?

Especially when, without apt, it makes you sit around for twenty
minutes on each cycle while pointlessly listing packages it *isn't*
installing?
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum