Re: missing file (/etc/ld.so.preload)

Hi there,

] What I'm doing is running a pipe between two background processes.  Opening
] pipe for reading and writing both fail "illegal seek".  Does this qualify
] as "special requirements" ?

Not at all. Probably your program is trying some funny file-oriented
syscall on the pipe, so it fails. You can't do lseek on a pipe, for
example.

] In any event I'm curious now to know what this file does do (and perhaps
] some example of the sort of special requirements that might require it) ?

man ld.so

It will give you some insight on how the shared libraries get loaded.

HTH!
Fábio
( Fábio Olivé Leite                            olive@inf.ufrgs.br )
(              http://descartes.ucpel.tche.br/~olive              )
( Linux - Distributed Systems - Fault Tolerance - Security - /etc )
(        BC 50 7F 7A B9 2E 0A 26   91 8A D1 C0 B1 E4 DA A4        )