Re: Continuing saga...

> Problem #1, I have a modem on Com1. I know I do because Bill Gates tells me
> I do when I run His OS. Try as I might I can't seem to convince Linux that
> it is there. I assume that I should be using wvdial and when it ran the
> configuration utility it said that it didn't detect any modem. So I read the
> man page and setup the wvdial.conf file. I pointed it to each /dev/ttySn
> 0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 with no real difference except that 0 threw a
> different kind of error. Do I need o do something else to even have my modem
> there? Is wvdial the thing I need to be using anyway?

And the word is yes. But you need a program called isapnp.
If your computer does not see the modem, it means that modem is not
initialized. Which in turn means that it is either pnp or win.
If it's Win, you are screwed. If it's pnp, then you need to get isapnp.
It's a program that will initialize ISA PnP cards at boot time.
For a procedure how to do it look on my page, URL below.

> Problem #2, I have a Canon BJ4300. Where do I even begin to get support for
> this?
Sorry, no idea about that one
Andrei

 Andrei S. Ivanov