Continuing saga...

Hi y'all and thanks for all the help so far..

Now I have X windows up and well it is cool so far. Just so everyone knows,
when you D/L and install 3.3.3.1 of XFree86 you must also D/L the stuff in
their "Servers" directory. Soon as I got the new SVGA server things got much
better.

Problem #1, I have a modem on Com1. I know I do because Bill Gates tells me
I do when I run His OS. Try as I might I can't seem to convince Linux that
it is there. I assume that I should be using wvdial and when it ran the
configuration utility it said that it didn't detect any modem. So I read the
man page and setup the wvdial.conf file. I pointed it to each /dev/ttySn
0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 with no real difference except that 0 threw a
different kind of error. Do I need o do something else to even have my modem
there? Is wvdial the thing I need to be using anyway?

Problem #2, I have a Canon BJ4300. Where do I even begin to get support for
this?

	Bradley M. Small, Developer/Analyst          New Breed Corporations
	Email:        bsmall@new-breed.com	         Information Systems
Group
      Phone:       336-856-2079 x 275                 Fax:
336-315-9018