Re: Boot floppy

Hi there!

] 	I am trying to make a boot floppy. I downloaded the boot-floppies*
] package. But during the installation it craps out due to dependency
] problems. The packages that dpkg complains as not been installed are
] actually there (eg teTeX) since I built those myself from sources without
] using dpkg. I have the custom kernel image in .deb format. Is there an
] alternate way to create a boot floppy?

Well, if you did not install teTeX via dpkg, then for dpkg they're
_not_there_. You can force install overriding dependencies, though, if you
feel it should work. Just man dpkg.

Anyway, if you feel like building your own packages, you can allways do so
using debian source packages. You can then modify whatever you want and
still have your dependencies right.

HTH!
Fábio
( Fábio Olivé Leite                            olive@inf.ufrgs.br )
(              http://descartes.ucpel.tche.br/~olive              )
( Linux - Distributed Systems - Fault Tolerance - Security - /etc )
(        BC 50 7F 7A B9 2E 0A 26   91 8A D1 C0 B1 E4 DA A4        )