Re: Cyrillic setup

> Mailed and posted
> Hi all:
>
> Is the Cyrillic-HOWTO still relevant? It was written more than 2 years
> ago?

Well, mostly. I used it and CHernov's page to instal cyrillics, it went
pretty well.

> For one, it says that using xkb is not recommended. Is it still so? Why?

I have no idea....I use xruskb-1.4.2, works perfectly well for me.

> I've installed xruskb package, and added path to cyrillic fonts to
> XF86config. Now Xterm shows russian symbols w/o any extra
> settings. BTW, I left all the Xkb settings as they were in
> /etc/X11/Xmodmap, and so far no problems with that.
>
> My biggest concern is Xemacs. I'm dying to make it use cyrillics. Do I
> need to install Mule for that? Or can it be done by just changing
> default fonts somewhere?

I think you need to install Mule. I don't even remember changing anything
in my xemacs20, except playing with Mule.

Andrei
 Andrei S. Ivanov
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu
 UIN 12402354