Cyrillic setup

Mailed and posted
Hi all:

Is the Cyrillic-HOWTO still relevant? It was written more than 2 years
ago?

For one, it says that using xkb is not recommended. Is it still so? Why?

I've installed xruskb package, and added path to cyrillic fonts to
XF86config. Now Xterm shows russian symbols w/o any extra
settings. BTW, I left all the Xkb settings as they were in
/etc/X11/Xmodmap, and so far no problems with that.

My biggest concern is Xemacs. I'm dying to make it use cyrillics. Do I
need to install Mule for that? Or can it be done by just changing
default fonts somewhere?

Thanks for any input,
--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE