Re: file system vfat

Hi,

        The kernel comes with Debian was not configured with vfat support. During
boot time mount is processed before kerneld, therefore you can't mount vfat file
systems before kerneld is processed. After login (before login, kerneld is
processed) then you can mount the vfats.

        To have the vfat support at boot time compile your kernel with answers to make
config (or make menuconfig | make xconfig) as follows:
            fat fs support              y
            msdos fs support        y
            vfat fs support            y
            nls codepage 437       m