Re: libc6 2.1 on slink

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> Didn't get much coffee! :)
>
> Got this now:
>
> checking for gmake... no
> checking for gtk-config... no
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
> *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
> *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to gtk-config.
> configure: error: Cannot find GTK: Is gtk-config in path?
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1
>
> I did install GTK 1.2 from unstable before I started this.....should I give up?
> :)

you could... depending on how much work you want to do.

try getting libgtk1.2-dev.  you'll probably need libglib1.2-dev as well...
I'd look at the dependencies for the precompiled chat program and get -dev
versions of all those libraries that it depends on.

If you _do_ have libgtk1.2-dev installed, I suggest you follow the
instructions in the error message.  if you use bash, you can do this with:

export GTK_CONFIG=`which gtk-config`

HTH

-Dano