Problems after rebooting from Win95

I've had this problem for a little while (possibly since I upgraded to
slink?), but I've just been ignoring it:

When I reboot from win95 - ie choose restart computer from win, then let
lilo load up linux (default) - I get nasty segfaults during the restart
towards the end eg:
	/etc/init.d/rc: line 6: 135 Segmentation fault $debug"$@"
	/etc/init.d.rc: line 6: 136 Segmentation fault $debug"$@"
etc.  I log in as root, and do a reboot (cleanly, using shutdown)
immediately.  Sometime the system comes up fine; sometimes I get the
'not cleanly unmounted' fsck doing its stuff; sometimes I even have to
do the manual fsck (which is a bit of a joke, 'cos I just answer 'yes'
to everything: how would I know if I want to fix delete inode #123981
which has non-zero dtime or whatever?).

This problem only seems to come up after rebooting from windows, and it
comes up every time I do that.  I have tried shutting down from windows,
turning my computer off, then turning it back on with 50% sucess from a
'comprehensive' two sample set.

Windows and Linux are on the same disk but separate partitions.  The
windows partitions are mounted by fstab at start up.

Anyone have any ideas (or similar experiences)

Cheers
Rich