Re: NT vs Linux as web server

note the following about 4/5 of the way through

"Mindcraft, Inc. conducted the performance tests described in this
report between March 10 and March 13, 1999. Microsoft Corporation
sponsored the testing reported herein."

					-Michael

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

>My IT manager just EMailed me this article (CC'ed to a bunch of
>Directors, of course):
>
> http://www.mindcraft.com/whitepapers/nts4rhlinux.html
>
> Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 is 2.5 times faster than Linux as
> a File Server and 3.7 times faster as a Web Server.
>
>I'm sure I could dig up opposing reviews.  Anyone know of any?

  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305