Re: NT vs Linux as web server

Peter S Galbraith (GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca) said:
> My IT manager just EMailed me this article (CC'ed to a bunch of
> Directors, of course):
>
>  http://www.mindcraft.com/whitepapers/nts4rhlinux.html
>
>  Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 is 2.5 times faster than Linux as
>  a File Server and 3.7 times faster as a Web Server.
>
> I'm sure I could dig up opposing reviews.  Anyone know of any?

Linux Weekly News (www.lwn.com) is formulating a reply about the
inconsistencies/inaccuracies of those tests (I believe the samba
server was somewhat crippled among other things), not to mention that
they were sponsored BY Microsoft. Check out the response on Slashdot
(www.slashdot.org) for other problems.

As my Probability and Statistics professor says "you can make
statistics say whatever you want, but it's not always accurate"

.adam

--
   Adam Lazur - Computer Engineering Undergrad - Lehigh University
              icq# 3354423 - http://www.lehigh.edu/~ajl4

  "Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't
   you?" -Patrick Volkerding