Re: Help: serial port/minicom

Hmmm,

I don't do X, and therefore don't know about any differences between an
xterm and the console.

The only way I can get minicom to fire up without error messages, yet
not work, is if I tell it to use a serial port that doesn't have a modem
attached to it.  i.e., I have modems on ttyS0 and ttyS1, if I configure
minicom to use ttyS2 it starts up ok but nothing happens.

All I can think of is for you to triple check that your serial port does
have a modem hanging off of it and that you are talking to it at a speed
it will respond to... beyond that I am at a loss with what more you can
do.

Good Luck,

	Bruce