scroll bar resource?

Hi Folks,

I've got two distributions of Debian running on separate
hard drives (hamm and slink) and have noticed that the
scrollbars for the xterm box (among others) is different
even though the xterm configuration seems to be the same. My
hamm distribution has an up/down arrow at the bottom of the
scrollbar plus a sliding bar.  The slink version has only
the capability of clicking the left or right mouse buttons
to scroll (make that jump) up or down. Evidently I've
loaded/configured something differently when I installed
slink.

My question is where is the configuration for the scrollbar coming from?
Is there a package that I haven't loaded that controls this?  I'd sure
like to be able to have the hamm scroll bars in slink.

Thanks for any assistance
John Carline