Re:[SOLVED] ipmasqadm question

At 3/5/99 07:46 AM -0600, whbell@ia.net wrote:
>Quoting "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@RWTH-Aachen.DE>:
>
>> On Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:52:34 -0600, whbell@ia.net wrote:
>>
>> >I checked with dselect and found I have ipmasq 3.3.1 installed already.
>> >There is NO sign of ipmasqadm on my system anywhere.
>> >
>> >I have run 'find / -name ipmasqadm' with no hits.
>> >
>> >I do appreciate your help.  Please don't stop now, but I am in no big
>> >hurry.  Perhaps there are others out there that have the needed info.
>>
>> Ok, another day, another try. :-)
>>
>> Here's the info you want, but you may not like it:
>>
>>   #dpkg -S ipmasqadm
>>   netbase: /usr/sbin/ipmasqadm
>>   [...]
>>
>>   #dpkg -l netbase
>>   Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
>>   | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config
>>   |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,
>>   ||/ Name            Version        Description
>>   +++-===============-==============-=========================
>>   ii  netbase         3.12-2         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
>>
>> As you see it's the "unstable" version of netbase. Don't worry you can
>> install it without having to fear that it breaks your system (at least it
>> didn't on my system ;-)
>
>Thank you Ralf,
>
>You have found the missing ipmasqadm for me.  I am not getting the same
>returns you are showing using the 'dpkg -S' and '-l' commands, (I will
>leave that for another thread).
>
>I don't have any problem playing with the new toys.  I just have not
>installed from potato untill needed.

I know it has been way over a month... but I just got around to doing this
upgrade to slink from hamm.  Then I started to read this thread!

hummm, this is a problem, and due to my lateness, I cannot get a netbase
3.12 from POTATO.  The unstable release is 3.14-1, but that requires you to
install libc6 from potato, and that requires ldso (followed by
libstdc++2.9, apt, development clibs).

Long story short most the libs basically need to be upgraded just to use
ipmasqadm.  That is not a good thing in my opinion.  I should just run
potato if that is the case.  Now dselect reminds me of all the programs
that I have broken (not really but it bitches).

If slink's netbase is not going to include ipmasqadm, then there needs to
be a package for ipmasqadm. To go to potato's netbase cleanly, involves
many iteration.

Just my $.02
--Jay Barbee