Re: comsat error with new pts

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Max wrote:

   For some reason, comsat doesn't work anymore on remote terminals
   and writes the following error to auth.log:

   comsat[15719]: '/' in "/dev/pts/0"

   Both write and wall also produce errors, so my guess is that none
   of them have been updated to deal with the new terminal entries.
   Does anyone have a fix for this?  I'm using the latest version of
   potato with kernel 2.2.3 and glibc 2.1.1

Since my machine has few users I just did the following
cd /dev
ln -s pts/0
ln -s pts/1
 .
 .
 .
ln -s pts/n

I did this for pts/0-5.  If you have more users than say 10 at a time,
you may want to find another solution.

Fyi,
Dennis
--