Slink PPP with no defaultroute

I don't know if anyone else has seen this with Slink's PPP, but I installed
a fresh system (didn't want to do an uprade) and PPP did not function properly.

I have never used pppconfig before, but I did not.  I got the connection
setup and it it authenticated without a problem.  But it would not setup
the defaultroute?!?!  I did have defaultroute in /etc/ppp/peers/<provider>
and in the /etc/ppp/options.  I could set it manually but what fun is that.

It was fixed once I installed potato's copy of the ppp package.  I just
wondered if anyone else saw this?  I figured I would have seen more emails
in debian-user after a month of slink being "stable"!

--Jay