Re: gnome capplet

Marcus Ahlfors <maca@kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Ok, I'm just a clueless newbie i guess but i have to ask..
> I'm using potato, Window Maker version 0.52 and Gnome v0.99.3.2.
> My problem is that when i run the gnome configuration tool ie Control
> Center, my only Capplets there are Multimedia, Appearances, Workspace and
> Input Devices. Where is my Desktop capplet with the Window manager
> capplet. Looking at http://www.gnome.org/users-guide/gccdesktop.html and
> that made me wonder. Is there something that i haven't installed or does
> the desktop capplet come in a later version than 0.99 ?

Oh geez, crapplet or no crapplet you *don't* want to waste your time
with Gnome 0.99.3.  I *strongly* advise that you get the latest
version from
http://www.debian.org/~jim/debian-gtk-gnome/gnome-stage-slink/.

-N.
--
"These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format.  After unzipping,
these files can be viewed in any text editor, including all versions of