Where to enable MTRR's?

I am using potato, a 2.2 kernel on a dual PII box.  I would like to
enable the memory type range registers to be write-combining for my
video card and 3DFX card.  To do this, I need to run something like:

echo "base=0xf2000000 size=0x800000 type=write-combining" >> /proc/mtrr
echo "base=0xf4000000 size=0x400000 type=write-combining" >> /proc/mtrr

I need to do this once only, at system boot (at least until XFree86
starts automatically setting the MTRR's for the video card).  Where is
the appropriate place to put such commands?  I am coming from a RedHat
background, so I looked for an rc.local file, but didn't find one.
Thanks for your time.

--
Ian Peters		"The farther you go, the less you know."
itp@gnu.org				-- Lao Tsu, "Tao Te Ching"