Re: cfs???

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 10:45:50AM +0100, Andrew Holmes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install cfs1.3.3-1 from the deb package and the install
> goes fine. I can mount it and I get a line in mount that says:-
>
> 'localhost:/null on /crypt type nfs (rw,port=3049,intr,addr=127.0.0.1)'
>
> However I can't create any cfs directories. When I try to use the cmkdir
> command it seems to be running the cpasswd command. They are seperate files
> but are exactly the same size. If I try to use cmkdir on an already existing
> normal directory I get
>
> 'Can only change passphrase on new format CFS directories'
>
> and when I try to use it with a non existant directory I get
>
> 'No such file or directory'

[snip]

The 'cmkdir' that is in the debain CFS package is actually a copy of one
of the other CFS binaries that happens to be installed twice by accident,
so you don't get a 'cmkdir' at all. This is a bug in the debian CFS
package, (bug number 14321) that has been around for about 1.5 years.

If you want a working CFS, I recommend compiling your own copy or hassling
the maintainer.