Re: top like drive usage utility?

Hello,

> > Our drives have occasionally been going nuts with disk access.  They
> > would for no reason just start reading the disk and go solid for 10
> > minutes.  Is there a utility like top to check for who or what is
> > accessing the disks?

There's "fuser -mv /", but that just tells you which processes are
accessing the disk, not how much each is taking.

If you want to know possible culprits, check your /etc/crontab - by
default, it's set up to do some maintenance stuff between 5 and 6 in the
morning.

fuser is in the psmisc package

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>