Re: Laptop Debian Installation

>To whom may be able to assist me,
>
>I am new to Unix and have just downloaded the Debian version of
Linux.  The
>disks work on my desktop PII 350, but I am having trouble on my
laptop (i386
>20MHz with 8MB of RAM).  The boot floppy starts, loads the kernel,
but right
>after it recognizes my 60MB hard drive the computer restarts with
one line
>of text I can't read before the screen changes.  I've tried loading
from
>both the floppy and the dos partition install.  I've even used the
low
>memory boot disk because there is only 2MB standard RAM and the
other 6 are
>in an expansion chip, if that makes a difference (it hasn't so far).
 Please
>let me know if there's any parameters I need.  The exact laptop is a
Tandy
>3820HD.  Thank you very much, any assistance is appreciated.
>
>The World Emperor

Copy the rescue image on the binary cdrom to a floppy:
assume your cdrom is mounted on /cdrom,
dd if=/cdrom/install/resc1440.bin of=/dev/fd0

then boot up your laptop with this floppy, and you'll get a
configuration shell.

Make sure that the logical partition you created for linux /dev/hdx
is bootable!

HTH,
Danny