primenet.com rejects mail from ibm.net

I protest in most strenous possible terms to this treatment.

I absolutely DO NOT send unsolicited commercial email.

All of my mail headers are RFC 822 complaint.  Most spammers put fake or
bogus headers in their mails to try and cover their tracks.  It is a
trivial exercise to reject mails of this kind, and a common practice.
(Check the From: and/or Sender: headers, and do an MX lookup on them.)
For instance, Sendmail 8.9.3 supports this, among other features to cut
down on spam, such as the RBL.

I have legitimate headers, with which my mails can be easily traced to the
source, and therefore complaints about my personal misconduct (or at least
abuse of my account), can be easily traced.  Why not work with ibm.net's
Internet abuse staff, instead of putting a gag on all their customers?

What ISP would you have me use?  Yours?  I thought this was a free market.
Federal Express, for instance, does not refuse to deliver parcels to
companies that have an exclusive contract with DHL or UPS.

What if several large ISP's, such as ibm.net, CompuServe, or AOL were to
implement the same policy with respect to Primenet?  You would lose
customers, as most people want to be able to mail their friends who happen
to use those services.  This policy is bad for business and bad for the
Internet.  Balkanization of the net is not a proper response to the problem
of email abuse.

This policy is unreasonable in the extreme.  If your mail relay software is
not sufficiently sophisticated to implement a sensible anti-spam policy, I
suggest you change your software.  There are many options out there,
especially for Unix or Linux based systems.

I am CC'ing my ISP to bring this policy of yours to their attention, if
they were not already aware of it.

Also note that this email is PGP-signed; hardly an auspicious tactic for a
would-be spammer.

I look forward to your response.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    stuff in main that is modern...turning