new mail not visible in mail readers

I have been having a problem that when I fetch my mail using
fetchmail, the new messages do not always appear, at least
immediately.  Sometimes, I have to run fetchmail a second time, then
a few messages appear, and as I delete messages, new messages begin
showing at the tail end of the buffer.

I use mutt, but with af the mail isn't visible either.

Any ideas?  Could a lagging system clock cause such a problem?

Alan Davsi

--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)
AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis