Re: [Debian] XFree86 3.3.3.1 ?

*- On  9 Apr, Nico De Ranter wrote about "[Debian] XFree86 3.3.3.1 ?"

> Howdy,
>
> I have a FireGL 1000 which isn't supported by 3.3.2.3
> Unfortunately the xglint server I once donwloaded from SUSE
> doesn't work with the Debian 2.1 and there is no new server on
> the SUSE site since the driver is now incorporated with
> XFree86 3.3.3.1.  I know I can download the .deb's from
> http://master.debian.org/~branden/xfree86-3331, but that
> link is so slow that I can't download it.  Besides since there
> is only http access and no ftp access, the only way to get
> it is by clicking an item, coming back half an hour later to click
> the next item...
>
> Is there any other site that holds the 3.3.3.1 .debs?
>
> Nico

Those are also compiled against lic6 2.1 and will not work with libc6
2.0 in slink.  You can get the unofficial ones at
http://master.debian.org/~vincent/xfree-3.3.3.1.  The best way to get
them is to install apt from unstable(yes it works with Debian 2.1) and
add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list(see man page for
sources.list) and then run dselect and select the Update, Select and
then Install items.  Once Install is running you can go do other things
and it will download all the component that you are upgrading.

deb http://master.debian.org/~vincent xfree-3.3.3.1/

--
Brian
							   - unknown