Re: fdformat missing

	Subject: fdformat missing
	Date: Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 06:09:59PM -0000

Quoting Pollywog(pollywog@shadypond.com):
> I am missing fdformat.  Which package contains it?
>

>From your many questions, I assume you are really interested in
knowing a lot about your system.  May I suggest a method for you to
use that will get you your answers about packages, and save some
bandwidth.

do a search like
grep fdformat /var/state/apt/lists/*
 That would show you that, if you use apt, that fdformat is not in
the packages.gz file for which ever version you are using.

Now George suggested you use superformat ( which has replaced fdformat
BTW).  Well lets got try grep again

grep superformat /var/state/apt/lists/*
/var/state/apt/lists/debian.midco.net_debian_dists_slink_main_binary-i386_Packages:

So now you 'know' there is something there about superformat so do
less /var/state/apt/lists/debian.midco.net_debian_dists_slink_main_binary-i386_Packages

then /superformat

If you would have done that I would have received 2 messages in this
thread, instead of 17.

--
Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit