Re: fdformat missing

pollywog@shadypond.com writes:

> >> What do you mean Linux floppies? You should always use msdos format for
>  >> floppies on Linux.
>  >
>  > No, floppies for Linux should be formatted with a Linux filesystem.
>  >
>  > -Egon
>
>  oh my.   Looks like I have stirred up the water ;)

I would think the real answer depends on your use of the floppies.  If you're
going to use them only for Linux - no reason to get the DOS tools involved,
format them with a Linux filesystem.  If you're going to use them on DOS/Win
machines as well as your Linux box - then format them for DOS and set Linux
up to mount them using DOS filesystems (via your fstab).

-Jay