Re: Installing X include/library files

*- On  8 Apr, R. Marx wrote about "Installing X include/library files"
> Hello,
> 	I've just installed Debian 2.1 and discovered that I can't compile
> programs which require the header files such as Xm/Xm.h and X11/keysym.h.
> If anyone could point me to the package containing these, that would be
> great.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

%dpkg -S Xm/Xm.h
lesstifg-dev: /usr/X11R6/include/Xm/Xm.h
% dpkg -S X11/keysym.h
xlib6g-dev: /usr/X11R6/include/X11/keysym.h

This can also be searched for on Debian's web page at the bottom of
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages under "Search the Contents
of the Latest Release".  For Xm/Xm.h this returned:

FILE                                                         PACKAGE

usr/X11R6/include/Xm/Xm.h                               devel/lesstifg-dev
usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/X11/Xm/Xm.h                 oldlibs/lesstif-altdev

and for X11/keysym.h

FILE                                                         PACKAGE

usr/X11R6/include/X11/keysym.h                          x11/xlib6g-dev
usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/X11/keysym.h                oldlibs/xlib6-altdev

The oldlibs packages are used if you are compiling a package that needs
libc5 and will not work with libc6(glibc 2).

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net