Re: question regarding hardware conflict and linux

*- On  7 Apr, Ferathonur Luthienell wrote about "question regarding hardware conflict and linux"
> Hello
>
> After recently downloading Linux from the Debian website and
> installing it on my machine, I had trouble connecting to my ISP
> through Linux.  After a little reading I realized my UsRobotics
> Winmodem is not compatible with it.  Can you suggest and inexpensive
> modem that is compatible with both MsDos/windows and Linux? I'd
> appreciate any advice you could share.

Basically most isa based modems and all external modems are a safe bet.
There are only a few pci based modems that work under linux. Just make
sure it does not 'require' Win95.  Also most Winmodems will not work
under WinNT so if the thing says that is works under WinNT you have a
good chance of it working under linux.

--
Brian
							   - unknown