Re: enlightenment locks system

Rob Mahurin wrote:

> I had my system choke and die a couple of times for no good reason
> last week (after 51 days of uptime!).  The first time was a blown
> fuse.  The second, I had both WP and staroffice open (dumb) trying to
> read an excel spreadsheet some cretin sent me.  Started hearing a lot
> of disk activity, suddenly the entire system was frozen.  No mouse
> action, couldn't toggle the NumLock, nothing.  Hard reset, no harm
> done, was fine for a day.  I figured I just ran out of memory since I
> had Netscape running in the background also and resolved to pay more
> attention to such things in the future.

When I was just get my X running at early 1997 with 8 megs, I sometimes
suffer similar symptoms. In fact, the program I was using keep running,
but I was unable to do anything else, so I supposed that the windows
manager
was swapped out entirely. Then, no it don't process further messages
from
X server. Sad stuff.