Re: Xauth, how to get rid of it?

Do you mean that you are trying to start a second X session while the
first is still running, or are you having difficulty starting for a
second time having exited the first session?

If it is the first (and you get an error like:
	server is already active for display :0, or something)
you can fix it with
	startx -- :1
to start the second X server on display 1.  This will probably associate
it with <ctrl><alt><F8>.

If it is the second, I think you have a problem (X not exiting
properly?) 'cos I don't think that should happen.

HTH
Rich