Re: X thinks my screen is larger than it actually is

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 11:11:37AM +0200, Marcus Claren wrote:
> Hi!
> I've got a very annoying problem. My X server seems to
> think that my screen is bigger than it actually is.
> I'm using wmaker, and when a program window drops out
> of the desktop I can usually maximize it and make it
> fit the desktop perfectly. So wmaker knows the size
> of my screen, I think. But when I'm running certain
> programs, like games (Xsoldier, Xworm) which seem
> to have a preset window - size their windowborders
> are vanishing outside the desktoparea and there's
> no way for me to resize them. Other programs that I'm
> experiencing the same with are Rosegarden, a music program
> and Blender.

Just FYI, in WindowMaker, by default, if you hold down ALT and click
the left mouse button on a window, you can move it, even if you can't
find the title bar.

--
Ian Peters		"The farther you go, the less you know."
itp@gnu.org				-- Lao Tsu, "Tao Te Ching"