Re: boot failed due to superblock error and FAT BREAD Failure

Hi,
On Mon, 05 Apr, 1999 à 09:38:22PM -0700, J. Lee wrote:

> I can boot from the floppy disk but has problem in booting from hard
> disk.
> Error message is:
> Partition check:
>   hda: hda1 hda2 <hda5> hda3 hda4
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> 03:07: rw=0, want=2, limit=0

Your kernel try to boot /dev/hda7 (03:07 is major device 3=ide0, minor
device 7=seventh partition of hda). Boot from a floppy and use rdev
to correct that.

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\