boot failed due to superblock error and FAT BREAD Failure

Hi,

I browsed the recent posts and didn't quite find an answer for my
problem. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

My hardrive is partitioned into four parts, namely
/dev/hda1 MSDOS
/dev/hda2 NTFS
/dev/hda3 linux swap
/dev/hda4 linux
I can boot from the floppy disk but has problem in booting from hard
disk.
Error message is:
Partition check:
  hda: hda1 hda2 <hda5> hda3 hda4
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:07: rw=0, want=2, limit=0
ext2-fs: unable to read superblock
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:07: rw=0, want=2, limit=0
minix-fs: unable to read superblock
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:07: rw=0, want=1, limit=0
FAT bread failed
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:07: rw=0, want=33, limit=0
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 03:07 iso_blknum 16 block 32
kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:07

It is appreciate if anyone can give me some suggestions on fix it.

Li