xisp

Hi,

I would like to run xisp without logging in as root.  Right now when I run
it as a "regular" user, xisp gives me an error message:

"/usr/sbin/pppd: using the name option requires root privilege".

Some more facts:

1. I am running Debian 2.1

2. My ISP is using CHAP authentication.

3. I can dial out as a regular user using pon/poff (i.e. I have the
standard permissions on pppd and I am a member of the dial-out group)

4. I can dial out using xisp as a root user without any problems.

If there is anyone who may know a solution to my problem, I would
appreciate to read about it.

Thank you for any help,

Vaclav Polasek