Re: Setting the time and date is ?broken?

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Richard Black wrote:

> which _seems_ to work.  But when I reboot, the time and date are
> incorrect.  I have also tried using date with similar lack of success.
> Two things that I have noticed is that hwclock is slow and hwclock
> --show doesn't return anything.

is it quite an old pc?  you might need a new battery on your motherboard,
the little lithium cr2032 one which supplies power to the rtc and nvram
when it's switched off.  if the battery goes, it has trouble storing the
time.  it's not completely consistent with the behaviour you're describing
though, but it's worth checking.

please forgive my abrupt ending hre - but my conection is
xtrememleyyhiclmelyey      BAD hiccuppy etc must sign off -
EF D8 33 68 B3 E3 E9 D2  C1 3E 51 22 8A AA 7B 98 umbra (!)