Re: upgrade to slink

The easiest thing to do is to go to
ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/upgrade-2.0-i386 and download apt-get-1.8.

After you get that installed, type (as root):
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

Then wait.  Depending on what you have installed this can take anywhere from a few
hours to a day or so.  After it's done downloading all the stuff, it will install it,
and you'll be ready to roll.  You don't even have to reboot.  This utility alone
would be enough to make me stay with Debian, even if there weren't a thousand other
reasons as well.

Sean