upgrade to slink

Hi,

I have a hamm CD. After install hamm, I upgrade kernel to 2.0.36. I heard
people said they upgrade from hamm to slink or potato, I wonder except the
kernel, what else I need upgrade. The upgrade note said some packages are
split into several smaller ones. It seems there are a lot of things to do
since slink has over 2000 packages while hamm has 1500 ones. Would anyone
please tell me what's the easiest way to upgrade to slink?

Thanks!

Jianbo