Re: Debian install on blank HD

Mike Glass wrote:
 Hi. I'd like to install Debian 2.0 on the hard drive of my 386DX-40, which has been wiped clean. I can't boot from the CD-Rom, and am having some major problems getting it to work. Any suggestions? -Mike

You can either:
 1) Boot from a DOS floppy that has the CD drivers so you can access the CD-ROM, then run "install.bat".

2) Create Debian install floppies from the CD; again you'll need access to [a,the] CDROM drive. If you have access to another computer with a CD-ROM, you can use it to create the boot floppies. If you don't have another PC, you'll need to boot your 386 with a floppy that has the CD-ROM drivers on it; in such a case I'd got with option 1 instead of trying to create the install floppies.