How do I install Debian?

I feel embarrassed to ask this because I have done it before but now
nothing seems to work.

I have tried Debian 1.3.1 and Hamm , both from official CD's and with the
same problem in both instances.

I want to do a new installation on a Pentium 166.

My problem is that after the initial reboot I cannot access either the
msdos nor the iso9660 filesystems.  I cannot see in the installation
script amongst the filesystem-drivers an option to install this.

I am a bit desparate an on the point to try out Redhat of which I have an
old CD.

How do I get the new base system to access anything outside its own
filesystem?

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should
      be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become
      angry, for man's anger does not bring about the
      righteous life that God desires."  James 1:19,20