Re: Confused about Cable modem/ NIC setup

Vaidhyanathan G Mayilrangam wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I have a Linksys and it seems like your card is identified right. However.
> take a look at /etc/init.d/network. I am using IP 192.168.1.1 and have it
> like this.

[Config info clipped]

> This code brings up the network. you might want to check if you have the
> above statements in your file.

Thanks Vaidhy,

In reading some of the HOWTOs, there was mention of using Redhat utils
to accomplish setting up the network. I just didn't know where to put
the info that was given to me by Cox. I'll edit my /etc/init.d/network
file and work from there.

I'll keep you and the list posted.

Thanks again,

Mark