Re: Confused about Cable modem/ NIC setup

Hi Mark,

I have a Linksys and it seems like your card is identified right. However.
take a look at /etc/init.d/network. I am using IP 192.168.1.1 and have it
like this.

ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -host 127.0.0.1 lo
IPADDR=192.168.1.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} up
route add -net ${NETWORK} netmask ${NETMASK} eth0

This code brings up the network. you might want to check if you have the
above statements in your file.

Let me know,

Cheers,
Vaidhy