Re: I really need help!

Hi,

I had the same problem. See the thread "Where is /etc/rc.d/rc.local on Debian"
in this mailing list a couple of days ago.

No, there isn't any "autoexec.bat" in Linux. You will have to put stuff you
want to start in etc/init.d and then update the boot scripts so that your
additions also get included for the different runlevels. Again, there is a lot
of information in that thread I mentioned regarding this. It was no
is no simple task for a Linux newbie like me to grasp the boot system of Linux,
but I did get what I needed to run running.

On 02-Apr-99 homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
> Nuno Donato dixit:
>> I really need sme help here. If you can, please help me.
>> I want to know if there is a kind of autoexec.bat file in
>> Linux, so that each times it boots, it automatically
>> executes some commands.
>> I need this because I have downloaded Blender(3d Software),
>> and i must install symbolic links. But because I don't know
>> how to do this before running Blender I need to execute a
>> LARGE command.
>> Do you know how ot install symbolic links?
>
> You don't install symbolic links, you create them ... do `man ln' for more
> information (`ln -s' will create a symlink).
>
> As for an autoexec.bat, not sure, I guess it depends on what you want to do,
> but mostly /etc/profile, or ~/.bash_profile, ...
>
> Regards
>
> Horacio
> --
> Claves - GnuPG/PGP - Keys : http://www.rediris.es/cert/keyserver
> o/or
> Envía un mensaje vacío a homega@vlc.servicom.es con la línea de asunto:
> Send a blank message to homega@vlc.servicom.es with the subject line:
> Tipo de Clave/Key Type                                Asunto:/Subject:
>
> DSA/ElGamal                                   fetch dsa/elgamal
> DSS/Diffie-Hellman                            fetch dh/dss
> RSA                                           fetch rsa
>

> --
> /dev/null

Regards,
Christian Dysthe