Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

Well, I don't really want to get involved in the large
e-mail attachment debate but I saw a news item about
this the other day.  It's supposed to give you like 20M
of internet storage - mostly for transfering files.  I
have no use for it but it _might_ work for something
like that.  Otherwise I guess you would have to have
some kind of permanent ftp or even http storage.  For
internal "intranet" stuff the ftp thing would work
great; most of the companies that I've worked for have
limits on e-mail attachments since it causes so much
traffic (or something like that).

Regards, G.S.

PS - My opinion though is that I _hate_ getting
attachments - takes forever to download since I _am_ on
a dialup account.

--- Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 08:45:09PM -0800, Steve Lamb
> wrote:
> >     The technology is there to send large files
> easily.  Embed a URL into an
> > email message and most email clients will
> automatically launch either the FTP
> > client to get the file, or the browser which has
> FTP capabilities to get the
> > file.
> >
> >     This is the proper thing to do since it then
> lets the other end decide
> > not only *IF* they want the file, but *when* then
> want the file.
>
> If the sending user is on a dialup connection, how
on

hamish@debian.org,