Re: [OffTopic] OSS word processor projects?

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Ed Cogburn wrote:

> 	I know about PW (Pathetic Writer which is part of SIAG) and
> AbiWord (a GTK project), but I'm curious to know if there are any
> other WP projects in existence out there, especially if one of the
> goals is being able to read and write MS Word files.
StarOffice is the closest you will get to MS look and feel. And then there
is another editir that can read MS RTF format perfectly, I forgot its name
now. You could also get the free WordPerfect and see if it can translate
for you, there is also some Word to * translators.
Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469