Raid issues

Hello all,
    We've been having some problems with our software RAID-1
implementation.  Our machine is being transported out of town soon,
so we've been trying to give our drives a workout.  What we did was
making a shell script that constantly cats the
drives contents to /dev/null.  We ran this script on /dev/hda,
/dev/hdd, and /dev/md0.  Everything was going fine until it suddenly
crapped out on us with a kernel panic.  When we rebooted only half of
the mirror drive came back to life(/dev/hdb).  We mucked around for
hours with the raidtools that came with slink(0.42-16), but those
didn't work.  One of the error messages from the raidtools told us to
go get raidtools-0.90.  We eventually found the tools, but all but
one site had them in rpm format, and the rpm was of version 0.90-2.
We were wondering who the maintainer for the raidtools is, and who
does the .deb packages for them.  We also were curious about why the
most recent version of the tools were not included in slink.
    Thanks,
    Chris Brown

 Chris Brown       cbrown@seitz.com         !!! HELP FIGHT SPAM !!!

 Join; www.cauce.org  See; spam.abuse.net, spamsucks.com, www.cm.org